Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Pioneer


So, this is Sydney at 4:15 Wednesday morning getting dressed to leave for the Trek. She wasn't too thrilled I took her picture. When we got to the stake center all the kids were in their pioneer clothes and looked great. As we are walking up to the group she says, "I am not a big fan of this bonnet or this dress. I don't think I want to go anymore." Well, she instantly met up with a girl she knew from camp and she was a little apprehensive too. This girl thought her dress was too big. It was fine. Sydney and this girl get along really well and have fun together so I am glad they were together when they left. Anyway, all day yesterday I was thinking about Sydney and what a great experience this is for her to go. Ok, I worried a little about her too! Today and tomorrow I hear they are camping and doing alot of fun stuff. I'll let you know how it all turns out when she gets home on Saturday!

2 comments:

Clement Clan said...

You have to let me know how it goes. Our trek is next year and I am very nervous. Apparently they have the kids walk until 1am and then when they finally settle in and get there first meal it is just broth... I guess they try and make it very realistic... (I DON'T WANT TO GO)

Clement Clan said...

Come on Mel... I'm anxiously waiting to hear how the trek went.